Albany State University will serve a diverse student population in an inclusive and nurturing environment that celebrates our unified legacies. We will provide innovative programs through transformational student experiences and varied academic pathways resulting in students prepared for professional careers that meet the needs of Southwest Georgia and beyond.
Albany State University supports the traditional academic core beliefs and values of higher education, including (USG language) Academic freedom, Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, and Transparency.
Specifically, ASU embraces:
- Faculty, staff, and students invested in mutually beneficial community initiatives
- Faculty and staff who practice culturally responsive pedagogies
- Personal engagement, mentoring, advising, and support to celebrate the value of every individual - A respectful, honest, and transparent university environment that supports student success
- A cooperative team spirit and positive “can-do” mindset, and
- Quality in every aspect of operations.